Full Remote - IT - Cloud - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-73133
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: Initial 6 months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Backup (Avamar, Veeam, CommVault)
- Replication (Zerto, Recovery Point, etc)
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Storage (Data Domain, Quantum)
- Platform Engineering is responsible for the implementation, 24×7 operational support, automation, availability, and performance management of the cloud platforms and the on-premise virtualization platforms and virtualization infrastructure.
- The candidate is required to support engineering team projects and facilitate technical design discussions as well as troubleshooting activities.
- This candidate is also responsible to work with multi-disciplined IT technical teams to interface and manage infrastructure, automation, and applications in both the private and public cloud with a focus on (but not limited to) AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- They need to contribute valuably to the evaluation of application and infrastructure cloud readiness, work on cloud migration plans to support on-premise moves/migrations to a cloud service (i.e. IaaS or PaaS) as well as the long-term management of the Cloud infrastructure associated with these applications.
- Candidate must have a strong and broad foundational IT skillset including support of Azure server virtualization environments, Linux and Windows Operating Systems (in both on-prem and cloud deployments), server configurations and baselines (including networking, storage and security principals, automation tools (i.e., Ansible, Terraform).
- The candidate must also have a strong understanding and working knowledge with critical IT services such as Active Directory/Azure Active Directory, DNS, Virtualization (VMware/Hyper-V), IaaS, PaaS, Containers, Automation, Azure Marketplace.
- Responsibilities include working with server teams as well as with other IT teams to collaborate on designing and implementing cloud infrastructure services.
- This is a highly technical cross-functional role that understands all components of IT infrastructure (operating systems, network, compute, storage, security, etc.), and knows how to integrate and automate each of the components using automation tools, like Ansible, and being able to integrate these with ServiceNow to build workflows for automated server/system/infrastructure builds/deliveries.
- Storage and backup infrastructure specialist.
- Familiar with backup/recovery technologies
- Familiar with software. We use Avamar, but familiarity with other software like Veeam, Commvault, Rubrik, Veritas or other, may be fine
- Familiar with hardware deduplicating/compression storage. We use Data Domains (physical and virtual editions), but familiarity with others like ExaGrid, Quantum or other, may be fine.
- Working knowledge of storage technology. Client uses NetApp and PureStorage, but others including HPE, Dell/EMC (VNX, Unity, ExtremeIO), Infinidat, DDN or other, may be fine
- Familiarity with VMware. Must be able to troubleshoot snapshots, change block tracking and other nuances related to backup technologies and storage technologies. vCenter, ESXi, vROPS, Distributed vSwitches
- Familiarity with storage switch topology/technologies. We currently use Cisco and Brocade, but practically any other switching/networking knowledge (TCP/IP and OSI model) should work.
- Familiarity with Operating Systems including RedHat Linux and Windows. Must be able to manage, troubleshoot, deploy
- Familiarity with replication technology including SAN to SAN, Zerto, Site Recovery Manager, etc
- Help to build and maintain a hybrid cloud infrastructure design incorporating the on-premises VMware Platform with large cloud providers such as Amazon Webservices (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined technical teams to manage and monitor applications in large cloud environments.
- Contribute to the evaluation of application cloud readiness while also working on migration plans and long-term management of applications.
- Work with Architecture to design Cloud platforms to support the highest levels availability, performance, security, and agility.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and change management practices
- Implement process and procedures as well as the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation enhancing and standardizing the support of the Cloud Platforms on documented best practices.
- Focus on automation
- Ensure that each cloud platform complies with well-established policies, standards, licensing agreements and configuration guidelines.
- Administer/Support DNS infrastructure across all Client environments.
- Assist in administering Active Directory for the highest levels of security and availability.
- Understand and apply new technical skills through a combination of research, instructor lead training and self-training.
- Lead the review, design and implementation of new technologies that improve infrastructure or reduce cost.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Exhibit poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Working hours – General hours, 8-5
Nights and weekend support/deployment – On shift rotations
Escalation and patch management rotation
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 5 years software, hardware and/or systems engineering related experience
- Preferred AWS/Azure/VMware certifications
- Must have cross platform enterprise experience across IT (Server, Network, Storage, Security)
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.