Sr. Avaya UC Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK
- IT - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 23-73146
Location: Remote with 50% travel to Oklahoma, OK
Duration: 12+ month contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Avaya Unified Communication (UC) Engineer to join our team supporting Army VoIP Migrations. You will provide support to designing, planning, and building Avaya Call Managers for VoIP networks including configuring routers, switches, and firewalls for VoIP systems. You will travel to various CONUS sites throughout the year to implement the approved solutions, provide your direct expertise, and work hands-on with the clients, local operations centers, on-site managers, and program teammates.
Successful candidates will be responsible for facilitating the following duties:
- Serve as Avaya Subject Matter Expert for Call Managers, Session Border with-in the DoD, US Army environment, regulations, policies, and standards
- Must have a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience deploying Voice Over IP, building networks, deploying Local Session Controllers, Session Border Controllers, Media Gateways, and Voice Mail, with emphasis on H.323 and SIP experience.
- Experience with configuring DHCP scope, option 242, 46xx settings file to configure voice features.
- Experience with routing via AAR/ARS
- Experience with Avaya Communication Manager; Versions 7/8 are preferable. We are deploying UC APL approved CM 10.
- Must have experience with IA configurations. Avaya MUDG, scanning and resolving IA findings.
- Will be responsible for resolving complex OEM issues with Avaya trouble desk opening service requests, fielding resolutions, and closing service tickets
- Will be furnished a US Govt laptop for working on live traffic.
- Build to design documentation in support of key project milestones
- Support the Project and/or Program Manager as technical advisor during meetings as required
- Coordinate hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements, then plan implementation of enhancements
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- Ability to troubleshoot networking and physical infrastructure issues.
- Desired certificates: Avaya APDS, ASRA & APSS
- May perform network administration duties and training to junior engineers or customer staff
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex voice networks.
- Solid understanding of VoIP related protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, and Skinny, SIP Trunks and PRI, soft clients, dial plans, route patterns).
- Expertise with Avaya Core Components-System Manager, Session Manager and Communication Manager
- Maintain and troubleshoot Avaya media servers and G40
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to think outside the box.
Experience developing and implementing QoS in a converged voice/video/data network
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
- DoD Active Secret or higher clearance.
- Avaya Communication Manager (Avaya Aura Platforms) and Adjunct Administration, Maintenance, and Installation
- Experience with VoIP, inbound and outbound voice networks, experience with network protocols and circuit provisioning and standards, understanding of LAN protocols
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with project teams and managers and with LEC service providers
- Experience working with E911 PSAP solutions highly desired.
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.