ICS/OT Security Engineer
Onsite - IT - Security - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-73184
Title: ICS/OT Security Engineer
Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid schedule – 77046)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US.
- Strong experience in IT/OT security, including knowledge of the Purdue Model
- Bachelor's degree is required
This position will be part of the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Team responsible for the implementation and maintenance of systems protecting and improving the security posture for the ICS environment. The position will work closely with internal and external resources to contribute the development, implementation, and compliance of security policies and procedures for the ICS environment. The responsibilities include assessment of network topologies and environments to ensure the ICS/OT environment remains compliant and work with other teams to track/remediate deficiencies.
- Moderate level understanding of IT-OT convergence, Purdue Model, IDMZ concepts, network technologies, systems, and concepts.
- General understanding of Cyber security frameworks and standards such as NIST CSF, CIS, and MITRE ATT&CK
- General knowledge of industrial communication protocols and technologies from main vendors.
- Knowledge and experience of anomaly detection tools in the ICS/OT environment with the emphasis on correlation of data and remediation of any misconfigurations
- Knowledge of OT asset & vulnerability management. Work with OT asset owners to remediate asset or vulnerability issues
- Familiarity with OT monitoring technologies with some traffic analysis experience: Wireshark PCAPs, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Experience with responding to security related incidents, incident response, conducting tabletop exercises
- Experience with analyzing system, application, security, network logging data from a SIEM to create actionable work tasks for a SOC, IT security analysts, or other IT staff
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in supporting or troubleshooting industrial protocols such as OPC, Modbus TCP, HART etc. is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in the IT/OT security field with hands-on experience and knowledge of ICS / SCADA System Security (design, controls)
- IT certifications are desirable such as GISCP, CISSP, CEH, Cisco CCENT/CCNA
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry and ICS environments
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, professionalism, and ethics
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.