Hardware Development Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
- NON IT - Engineering - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73196
Title: Mechanical Engineer (Hardware Development)
Location: Atlanta, GA (close to Smyrna)
Duration: Direct Hire Full Time
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
As a member of the Hardware Engineering team, you'll work closely with the development and testing teams and will be expected to provide input into the Performance, reliability, manufacturability, and scalability of various components. This individual will focus on identifying, fixing and preventing quality issues in a multi-tier and massively parallel infrastructure. The engineer will design quality benchmarks, test methodology and analysis tools to be adopted and support the product throughout the engineering team and across the industry.
As a Mechanical/Hardware engineer, you will work with hardware, electrical, firmware and software teams to build new products and support existing products that are focused on security and IOT.
- Evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develop mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling mechanical and electromechanical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product quality by designing mechanical and electromechanical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Design and develop parts and assemblies for a variety of locking devices.
- Interface with domestic and international partners to move designs to manufacturing.
- Demonstrate aptitude with mechanical and mechatronics designs with electromechanical expertise a plus.
- Show creative problem solving and design skills. Familiarity with operating and maintaining a 3D printer a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electromechanical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Experience with CAD software such as Solidworks, Autocad, Rhino, etc.
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.