Onsite - ERP / CRM - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73252
Location: Remote (Must be able to come on-site to Dallas, TX or Neenah, WI 1-2 times/month)
Duration: Full Time/Direct Hire
Salary: $120,000 – $140,000
Responsible for creating desired functionality to assigned content, products or services. Develops, tests and implements software that provides robust technical infrastructure and/or software applications used by business units.
The Software Engineer – Salesforce & 3rd Party Applications will be a member of one of several cross-functional development teams, ranging from 5 to 7 team members. This position will assist in various software development functions relating to products for internal and external customers. This position primarily develops and supports our Salesforce platform, Robotic Processing Automation, other 3rd party integrations, as well as low code/no code rules engines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports a single product backlog
- Demonstrates knowledge of solutions within assigned domain, product or service
- Develops applications and the underlying framework
- Collaborates to evaluate application designs
- Implements, tests and delivers new features for multiple platforms
- Coordinates with QA team to initiate testing and ensure testing is completed
- May design framework and software standards and make suggestions for systems / software improvements
- Works to understand customer needs and usage of the product the team supports.
- Collaborates well with scrum team members on design and development ideas and concepts. Accepts feedback and challenges status quo.
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Recommends solutions based on established best practices
- Sees patterns and uses conceptual thinking to solve problems.
- Work is more variable at this level; as such must collaborate with team and other SMEs to consider multiple options to solve problems.
- Has ability to identify processes that would result in reduced costs, increased efficiencies or closer alignment to company objective
- Uses documentation when available and creates/updates documentation, as needed.
Decision Making / Autonomy
- Proactively collaborate with team to make tactical decisions that translate into specific actions, with a goal of implementing MVP in the short term with an eye to long term objectives
- Issues not defined by best practices are escalated to senior team members or Management
- Mostly self-sufficient and capable of working with limited supervision
Communications / Interactions
- Has an informed opinion and is able to articulate complicated technical issues to less technical management or leadership, or to less senior team members. Has a persuasive argument but accepting of financial/time/other constraints that may impact decision making.
- Leads meetings with partners to gain alignment and understanding
- Promotes a mentor/mentee relationship with less experienced team members
- Creates and delivers presentations and communications to peers
This job has [no / direct] supervisory responsibilities [for the Software Engineers].
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with Lean/Agile best practices
- Conceptual Thinking
- Presentation Skills
- Organizational Savvy
- Application Design
- Application Maintenance
- System Testing
- System Development Life Cycle
- Passion for Excellence
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Nice to Have Experience:
- Salesforce Certifications
- 2 years of Open Rules, jRules or Drools implementation and automated test experience (or related rules engine)
- Experience w/modern agile development skills, source code control, unit testing
- 2 years of Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) experience
- Experience with Azure and APIM management and deployment
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation, particularly Microsoft Power Automate
- Experience developing and maintaining 3rd party integrations
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in problem solving, database, application servers, application design and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information to groups of internal and external project stakeholders, across all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Lean/Agile best practices, DevOps, and has a history of supporting team members on projects using various development methodologies (Waterfall to Agile)
- Demonstrates thought leadership through innovative, creative, problem solving that arrives at actionable next steps in alignment with desired business outcomes.
- Versed in multiple IDE's and Languages including Gosu, Apex, .Net and Java.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- High level understanding of our technologies to be able to understand end to end and provide certain support, troubleshooting, and testing of our Salesforce Platform and other 3rd party integrations that connect with our Guidewire Insurance administration system. These technologies include, ImageRight, SmartComm, Ratabase, and Paymentus.
- Approaches work in a structured, systematic way, organizing and prioritizing workload to meet demands of the team, department and organization
- Understands enterprise and product priorities and escalates appropriately any deviations from those priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
- Commitment to continuous building of personal professional knowledge: ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with on-site and geographically disparate teams.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Understanding of the benefits of rapid prototyping to demonstrate the merits of a proposed solution.
- Approach problems with an entrepreneurial mindset. Design experiments, measure outcomes, adapt as needed.
- Highly motivated, with a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- Thrives on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to gain the respect of the team, stakeholders, and management.
Proficiency in common Microsoft applications, including MS Office Suite, Visio, SharePoint and Outlook.
About INSPYR Solutions
As a leading technology solutions company, we connect top IT talent with clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. There are four elements that set us apart and serve as pillars of our company philosophy: Quality, Expertise, People, and Relationships. By always striving for excellence in these areas and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly together with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.