- IT - Security - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73297
Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid in 77040)
Duration: Permanent, Direct-Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
We are seeking a positive and professional Cybersecurity Specialist to join the IT team. The Cybersecurity Specialist will monitor, detect, respond to, and mitigate security threats utilizing industry standard tools & techniques. This role will also take part in cybersecurity audits and help in the review, modification, and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities as the Cybersecurity Specialist will include:
- Security Analysis: Conducts regular vulnerability assessments, then report findings and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Security Solutions: Assists in the design and implementation of security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus tools.
- Availability solutions: Assists with the implementation of the disaster recovery plan and systems continuity planning.
- Incident Response: Participates in security breach investigations and forensic analysis. Respond to and help mitigate security incidents.
- Security Policies & Protocols: Helps establish and enforce information security standards and procedures.
- Continuous Learning: Remains current on the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively with IT teams to ensure the security of all systems and applications.
- Documentation: Maintains documentation regarding configurations, operations, and job-related activities.
- Education & Training: Assists in educating staff in terms of security best practices and potential threats.
To thrive as our Cybersecurity Specialist, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 5 – 7 years overall IT experience.
- 1-3 years cybersecurity experience (including internship, or previous experience in a cybersecurity role or SOC environment).
- Systems/Network administration experience.
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, or similar introductory certifications.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Fundamental understanding of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model) and basic security concepts (e.g., malware, intrusion detection, pen-testing).
- Strong understanding of operating systems command line and command line tools.
- Experience with common security tools (e.g., IDS/IPS, SIEM, firewalls).
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity principles, including encryption, authentication, MITRE attack structures and security protocols.
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS).
- Experience with security frameworks and regulations (e.g., PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO 27001, etc.).
- Strong listener with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work well under pressure with good organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic programming or scripting languages is preferred.
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.