Real Estate and Privacy Legal Assistant
Hybrid - NON IT - Legal - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73301
Title: Real Estate and Legal Assistant
Location: Houston, TX 77019
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Houston, TX 77019 (Downtown Area)
- Hybrid schedule: 3 days in/wk next week 2 days in/wk
- Real estate docs
- Title commitments, surveys, and policies
- Review and negotiate commitments, surveys, and draft objection letters
- Review survey for completeness, identifying encroachments, issues, easements, etc.
- Reviewing each exception on title, negotiating for removal, etc.
The Real Estate and Privacy Legal Assistant will play a key real estate and licensing role in a busy corporate acquisition and divestiture practice, as well as provide support on data privacy compliance. This role will require researching the law, investigating facts, and preparing legal documents. This person will perform legal assignments that are varied and complex in nature. Assignments may be broad, requiring originality, ingenuity, and a high degree of technical skill.
- Review and analyze title reports and surveys
- Draft closing checklist and closing documents and coordinate closings with assistance from Corporate Counsel
- Prepare deeds and transfer documents
- Communicate with title company and counterparties concerning real estate and licensing matters
- Ensure state-specific regulatory requirements regarding divestitures and acquisitions are met, including filing licensing applications
- Heavily involved in problem solving solutions and will act as a liaison with business owners and internal business units to resolve issues that may arise from transactions
- Manage customer data subject access request process from inception to fulfillment, including intake, review, processing, tracking and response
- Draft letter responses to customer data subject access requests under Corporate Counsel supervision
- Partner with IT, Marketing and Customer Service teams to resolve issues related to customer privacy choices, website operations and email communications
- Maintain updates to privacy related forms, websites, and database of vendor contracts
- Support privacy and cybersecurity compliance projects such as training, data mapping and quarterly and annual program reporting
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- At least 2 years of real estate title review or closing experience
- Familiarity with lien releases, deeds, escrow agreements and other real estate related documents
- Ability to research and summarize statues and rules, make regulatory filings and draft form letters with assistance from Corporate Counsel
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong inter-personal skills to function effectively as team member
- High School or GED
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.