Owings Mills, MD
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-73305
Location: Owings Mills, MD, Must be onsite 100%
Duration: 12 month CTH
Work Authorization: GC, USC or GC EAD
Compensation: $30-40/hr W2 Only
- The Desktop Support, Hardware, and Asset Management Technician will provide the IT organization with Desktop Support Services, hardware, and software support and assist with the management of the asset processes.
- This will be accomplished by working with the End User Support Manager, End User Computing Manager, Hardware Asset Management Process Owner, and IT stakeholders to ensure all systems are being maintained and processes are being followed.
- This position should have a basic understanding of Hardware Asset Processes to assist with all aspects of the asset management process.
- 60% Installs, tunes, upgrades, troubleshoots and maintains all computer systems relevant to the supported applications and hardware equipment.
- 25% Handles asset management functions including, scanning and tracking devices, assisting with receiving and unpacking systems, prepping and shipping systems, and gathering equipment for disposal.
- 10% Develop and implement techniques to prevent system problems, troubleshoot incidents to recover services and support root cause analysis
- 5% Evaluate new systems by performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews. Researches software and related products to support recommendations and purchasing. Determines systems integration issues by evaluating components; developing and completing performance tests; analyzing test data; studying project requirements; analyzing user and potential user input; and evaluating similar and related products and systems. Develop system automation and system integration of business processes.
- Strong Service Delivery Focus and customer management skills.
- Knowledgeable of ITIL Foundations V3 or V4
- Assist with the onboarding process, prepping and deploying systems
- Resolve technical problems with LAN, WAN, VPN, WiFi, Print Servers and other back-office systems.
- Generate/Track/Close tickets for all IT-related issues in a timely and consistent manner as defined by our SLA policies while maintaining a positive customer satisfaction rating.
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors providing various technology services.
- Work closely and actively as part of a broader team of IT professionals. In addition, help provide coverage and support as needed.
- Ensure documentation is captured appropriately and is easily accessible to the broader IT team.
- Some heavy lifting is required at times (over 25 lbs).
- Manage our asset life cycle and IT procurement process, maintaining hardware inventory, accurate cycle counts, and decommissioning processes.
Education Details: Information Technology or Computer Science
In Lieu of Education
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of IT Support experience with asset management knowledge
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong Customer Support and professionalism skills
- Must be able to Multi-task., Proficient
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and technical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications., Proficient
- Ability to collaborate to solve technical problems across teams., Proficient
Some heavy lifting is required at times (over 25 lbs).
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes them ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.