Onsite - NON IT - Finance & Accounting - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73308
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: On Site in Rockwall, TX
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $100K – $115K total compensation
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
We are searching for an Accountant with 1-2 years of experience to join our Management Company Accounting team in Dallas, the firm's headquarters. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop leadership skills. He or she has a demonstrated track record of educational and professional achievement, including a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from a top-tier university. Those who have demonstrated their technical knowledge by passing the CPA exam or intend to pursue CPA certification are strongly preferred.
The Management Company Accounting team is responsible for the accounting and finance functions for the global group of entities that comprise the management companies. This involves a wide range of areas including financial reporting, data analysis, budgeting, cash flow forecasts, disbursements, expense allocations, leases, fixed assets, travel, and vendor management. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a highly-visible team which has regular interactions with employees throughout the firm, vendors worldwide, the external administrator, auditors, and global regulators.
This position has high potential to make an impact within the firm. The successful candidate will evolve over time and take on additional responsibilities as they demonstrate strong capabilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the disbursements function which includes processing a significant volume of vendor payments via client's automated systems, obtaining proper approvals, reviewing payments against valid source documents including contracts and purchase orders, and ensuring the proper accounting entries are booked to the general ledger
• Oversee client's custom OCR technology designed for vendor payments by ensuring the technology is configured and optimized to capture data accurately and efficiently, managing rules, and monitoring and troubleshooting issues
• Responsible for the day-to-day treasury activities of multiple management company entities which includes managing liquidity to ensure the entities have sufficient cash to meet obligations, overseeing investments of excess cash in various money market funds to maximize returns, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
• Create and maintain statistical drivers used to allocate expenses amongst company departments, including in-depth knowledge of the firm's complex legal structure to ensure proper allocation of expenses
• Gather and analyze financial data and assist with the budgeting and cash flow forecasting process
• Provide information to support periodic tax filings
• Manage the employee expense report process which includes configuring categories and approval workflows within our expense reporting system, training employees on how to use the system, ensuring employees submit and review in a timely and accurate manner, reviewing required documentation, auditing against firm policy, and ensuring accurate automated accounting entries are recorded
• Perform special projects within the Accounting team, including policy and procedure documentation, data analysis, and working with client's development team to enhance accounting systems and processes
Required Job Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
• CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
• 1-2 years of experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to remain poised and confident when communicating at all levels within the firm. Ability to research and respond quickly to questions raised by employees including senior management
• Show initiative by analyzing a situation, recommending alternatives, and implementing new or enhanced procedures, when necessary
• Strong attention to detail. Able to work quickly and efficiently with low error rate.
• Proficient in Excel and knowledge (or willingness to learn) data visualization tools including Microsoft Power BI
• Effective time management and organization skills. Must be able to evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
• Strong analytical skills to assess and solve problems efficiently
• Sound sense of judgment
• Healthy level of curiosity
• Self-motivated to succeed
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.