Senior Information Security Auditor
Hybrid - NON IT - Compliance / Audit - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73721
Title: Sr. Information Security Auditor
Location: Houston, TX- Hybrid
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Are you an experienced Security professional interested in transitioning to the field of audit? We are seeking an Information Security Auditor with expertise in technology, advanced knowledge of Cybersecurity, and a focus on safeguarding Corporate and Industrial systems in both cloud and physical infrastructure. The Security Auditor will be responsible for conducting audits of information systems, platforms, and operating procedures, ensuring compliance with established corporate and federal security requirements.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting audits from planning to reporting. This includes leveraging IT technical knowledge to perform a risk assessment, design effective audit steps/tests, review work of others, perform audit procedures and present issues to various levels of management;
- Evaluates General, Operational, and Cyber Security Internal Controls;
- Evaluates technology processes, procedures, policies and internal controls and identifies factors causing deficiencies;
- Provides audit support to fellow staff as well as outside consultants to facilitate the audit processes;
- Provides coaching and mentoring to fellow audit staff and educates the team on IT topics;
- Provides services in the area of research, analysis, and at the more senior levels, managing audit projects;
- Audits the statistical data of various departments, divisions and locations in order to verify accuracy in compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management;
- Performs Data Analytics including complex analysis, dashboard report and exception reporting;
- Audits records of contractors regarding agreements
- Cooperates with outside auditors in any undertaking that may expedite their work;
- Assists in the implementation and support of a continuous auditing program;
- Documents all work according to standards consistent with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) published by The Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately using professional oral and written communications with all levels of management;
- Prepares and submits reports of audit results including making recommendations on matters of significance and follows up on audit recommendations to ensure implementation;
- Assist Internal Audit management with administrative duties of the department; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Network/Database Administration, or other IT related degrees
- Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience with a minimum of six years of audit, cyber security or operational IT experience
- Professional certification such as CISSP, ITIL MP (or higher)
- Experience with Electronic Work papers (i.e. TeamMate), Experience with Data Analytics, Advanced Excel and Business Intelligence tools (i.e. ACL, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos, Tableau).
- Experience in the energy/power industry (preferred)
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.