Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager- Facilities/Construction Project Management
Onsite - IT - Project / Program / Change Management - Contract - Job ID: 23-73798
Title: Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager- Facilities/Construction Project Management
Location: Miramar, FL
Duration: 6 months plus
Compensation: $65/hr- $69/hr
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
The Infrastructure Project Manager
- Drives the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure projects that are approved and funded. The position guides complex technology projects from inception through delivery and support, working in close partnership with IT and business leaders, including project, program, executive sponsors, all IT groups, as well as other leaders within the business and IT.
- This role is also in charge of defining objectives, creating plans to achieve objectives, tracking / reporting progress against objectives and budgets, driving execution of key projects and programs, coaching project team members and improving project management processes. This individual provides overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts.
- The Infrastructure Project Manager helps establish new and improves existing project management processes and methodologies for IT organization to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Successfully manage and execute infrastructure projects on-schedule, on-budget, to mutual-agreed to scope and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for in-scope, on-schedule, on-budget and high-quality delivery of all IT projects in the accountable portfolio.
- Follows and exemplifies consistent project management practices, processes and metrics.
- Develop clear, business language presentations for business senior leadership to support swift decision making and issue resolution when needed.
- Maintains, socializes and enforces the overall project management lifecycle for Southern.
- Work with the VP IT, IT leaders and other executives on key decision-making activities during project execution as needed.
- Mentoring, coaching, developing & encouraging excellence from IT project teams and less experienced project managers.
- Retool and continually upgrade personal skills and knowledge of both business and information technology environments.
- Continually upgrade and enhance knowledge of coompanies program / project management processes / methodologies and provide a key source of expertise when needed.
- Provide tactical and strategic input to IT leadership and other personnel on all aspects of projects being managed.
- Thought leader within the IT organization in helping streamline and standardize key business processes across business divisions and functions.
- Work with business leadership to document a clear vision of a business problem or opportunity being addressed with IT services, and how it supports the business plan. Incorporate best practices into IT organization, beginning with project / program management practices.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Active PMP certification required
- IITL v4 certification preferred
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering preferred; B.S. or B.A. required.
- Working knowledge of an enterprise PPM (Planview, Microsoft Project Online, Clarity, Daptiv, etc.) and content collaboration platforms (Microsoft SharePoint/SharePoint Online) as well as productivity suite applications
- (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
Full Lifecycle Project Management
- Delivered 30 or more enterprise-scale projects successfully under a mature and rigorous enterprise PMO (PMI/PMBOK-based) governance model and project delivery process.
Delivered 30 or more enterprise-scale projects leveraging full lifecycle professional project management including, but not limited to:
- Requirements Elicitation: Gathering, documenting, and getting approval on business and technical requirements
Estimating: Estimating project financials with engineering teams based on documented requirements and presenting estimates for approval.
- Project Financial Management and Reporting: Tracking actuals vs. approved project financials (Internal Labor, 3PL, HW/SW) including a burn down analysis and forecast/variance for each assigned project.
- Project Resourcing: Obtaining and managing resources assigned to projects. Accurately planning and forecasting work for each resource. Understanding and reporting on budget consumption for assigned resources.
- Contract Management – Third-Party Services & Procurement: Tracking as it relates to assigned projects (professional services SOWs, carrier agreements, software agreements, hardware Bills of Material, managing delivery to agreement end dates, submitting Change Orders proactively to extend agreement end dates before expiration).
- Project Schedule Management: Using MS Project Online/MS Project 2016 (or similar PPM solution) using enterprise resources in project schedules/WBS, baselining schedules, critical path analysis, and resource allocation analysis for planning and executing work.
- Project Monitoring & Management: Capturing, distributing, and storing meeting minutes.
- Risk Management & Mitigation: Capturing and tracking items in a project RAIDD Register. Ensure all risk mitigation plans and trigger events are well defined, understood, as well as approved by the project team and the project business owner
- Stakeholder Analysis, Communications, and Management: Effectively presenting status to project team, project business owner, as well as both business and IT executive and leadership audiences. Request approval from the leadership audiences to progress from one phase to the next in a project delivery governance lifecycle.
- Status Documentation: Submitting clear and concise project status reports bi-weekly for leadership review
Communications Plan Development and Execution: Communications plan development and execution (including drafting communications artifacts and presenting for approval).
- Go-Live Event Preparation: Deployment MOP authoring, reviewing, and gaining approval on with the project team and project business owner.
- Post Go-Live Event Hypercare Support: Hypercare plan development, communication, and execution.
- Transition-to-Support: Plan authoring, presenting, and obtaining approval on prior to project closure,lessons Learned: Facilitation and documentation
Infrastructure and Infrastructure Technology:
General understanding and working knowledge of the following:
- End-to-end network components (network switches, routers, firewalls)
End-to-end WAN components (MPLS, Internet, DMVPN)
- VoIP/Unified Communications/Overhead Paging,Enterprise video conference and collaboration solutions
- Virtualization solutions: VMWare, Hyper-V,Compute/Storage technology stack: Blade servers, vSANs. Database: SQL, Oracle,Low voltage cabling terminology, architecture, and standards:
- ANSI/TIA standards, J-STD standards, ISO/IEC standards, NEC standards, and BISCI standards
- Ethernet specifications and distance limitations, Copper and fiber standards
- Power distribution including UPSs, PDUs, ATSs, generators, as well as NEMA power receptacles (and common, power whip voltages/amps for MDFs and IDFs), and NEMA enclosure standards
Facilities & Site Delivery-Specific PM Requirements:
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and mark up architectural drawings with the ability to apply to the project requirements and discuss with the technical/engineering teams for solution design and delivery.
- CAD drawings include overall architectural plans and MEP and their implications to infrastructure components (low voltage cabling, equipment, and services). CAD knowledge is not required.
- General understanding of permitting process as it relates to new construction and the IT infrastructure required to support new construction, working knowledge of Procore.
- Understand the impact to proposed or as-designed infrastructure solutions and delivery resulting from changes to architectural components and convey effectively to the infrastructure engine
Our benefits package includes: (EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.