Senior Software Engineer
Full Remote - IT - Development / Other Technologies - Contract - Job ID: 24-00060
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: REMOTE PST
Duration: 18 month+ Contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
If interested and qualified, please email your resume to Cindy Tran at email@example.com!
Ad applications organization within Media and Entertainment Distribution organization is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Digital Advertising Platform. The platform is charged with the qualification, delivery, and tracking of Digital Advertising campaigns (Video on Demand, Live TV, and innovative interactive ads) across all online properties. In addition, Ad application teams collaborate in the development of supporting components, such as anti-ad fatigue systems, impression counting pipelines, and ad experience flows. We also work on integrations with critical services responsible for the correct pacing, targeting, and selection of ads.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software.
On a daily basis, you should bring:
- A willingness and desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams and systems.
- Demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your team and department
- Knowledge of system design and implementation best practices to guide and mentor
- A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- A proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to define technical and operational metrics to measure system health
- A keen eye for potential optimizations and enhancements to our services
- Kindness and pragmatic optimism.
- Your unique view and experience
- Writing and reviewing a lot of code and tests
- Available for a weekly rotating On-Call support schedule
- Reading requirements documentation from Product and translating into implementation tickets, and leading the team through execution
- Defining, reviewing, and documenting software and system designs in a high throughput, low latency microservices environment
- Enhancing systems’ observability with proper metrics, monitors and alerts
- Delegating tasks to team members, when needed.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency with server-side Java technologies such as Spring framework ecosystem
- Proficiency with database technology such as MySQL and DynamoDB
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings, in particular AWS
- Demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience building solid, testable, and maintainable clean code
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
- Elastic Search
- Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Ad Tech industry
- BS degree in computer science or related exp.
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.