Workday Solutions Architect
- IT - Niche - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00154
Title: Workday Solutions Architect
Location: Houston, TX- Hybrid
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Seeking a Workday Solution Architect to lead the low-level design for the platform and integrated solutions. This includes maintaining alignment of the low-level design to the enterprise vision and roadmap for products and services based on input from stakeholders, customers, market research and industry insight.
The Workday Solution Architect is a senior-level professional focused in the planning and design phases of an implementation as well as quality assurance and advisory throughout the solution lifecycle. The Workday Solution Architect works closely with HR functional consultants, IT Product Owners/business analysts, and technical consultants to understand stakeholder needs, translate them into Workday configurations, and deliver high-quality solutions that meet the stakeholder expectations and requirements. The Solution Architect will also work on strategic initiatives such as business process improvement and delivering ongoing architectural governance processes.
This position is a hybrid schedule which is primarily remote with in-office meetings as needed each month.
- Review as-is processes and partner with the Enterprise Architect to create the target operating model and the high-level to-be process model
- Accountable for the low-level solution design based on requirements, high-level design, current system implementation, and environment landscape
- Lead the design of Workday solutions, ensuring alignment with best practices, standards, and methodologies. Deliver design outcomes following the company project management methodology and technical governance
- Provide technical guidance, design auditing, and mentorship to other Workday consultants and developers on a project team
- Collaborate with business analysts, functional, and technical consultants to gather and analyze client requirements, design solutions, and conduct testing and validation
- Review the design of configurations and customized Workday modules, integrations, reports, dashboards, and workflows to ensure client specifications will be met successfully
- Manage and resolve complex issues and risks that arise during the project lifecycle, escalating them as appropriate
- Communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and project managers, providing regular updates on design status, deliverables, and issues
- Stay updated on the latest Workday features, functionalities, and best practices, and apply them to the project as needed. Conduct research on related emerging technologies to ensure the most effective development application tools and methodologies are adopted
- Support the deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of Workday solutions for clients, ensuring optimal performance and user satisfaction.
- Provide Workday mentoring and training to support the team in understanding and implementing solutions or integrations on the platform.
Skillset / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required
- At least 5 years of experience in Workday solution design and development, with exposure to various Workday modules, such as HCM, Finance, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, Time Tracking, and Learning
- Workday certification in one or more of the following areas: Workday Integration, Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer, Workday Calculated Fields, Workday Security, Workday Prism Analytics, or Workday Adaptive Planning
- Strong knowledge of Workday architecture, configuration, customization, integration, reporting, and testing methodologies and tools
- Proficient in Workday technologies, such as XML, XSLT, SOAP, REST, Web Services, and EIB
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid understanding of delivering Architecture services within the Agile methodology
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.