GIS Business Analyst
San Diego, CA
Full Remote - IT - Business Systems / Data / Analyst - Contract - Job ID: 24-00249
Location: 100% remote (company is based in San Diego, CA)
Hire Type: Contract (12+ months – eligible for extensions and full-time hire)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Provide support for the DNV Synergi Gas application. The successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging their expertise in geographic information systems (GIS) and hydraulic modeling to ensure the effective functioning of the Synergi Gas platform. The role will involve collaborating with stakeholders, analyzing spatial data, configuring GIS components, model extraction, model validation, and providing technical support to ensure the seamless operation of the application.
GIS, Gas Engineering and DNV's Synergi Gas Application
• Provide GIS analysis and Synergi Gas Model extraction analysis while following standard IT product lifecycle management.
• Major activities include requirements gathering, troubleshooting, providing solution demonstrations, and assisting with the implementation of business-driven projects, as necessary.
• Other activities include working with other project resources and business colleagues (internal and external), field operations, and/or vendor partners to develop or shape business requirements, provide data updates and validation, testing, and assisting with developing a delivery approach that minimizes both technical and business risks.
• Provide data analysis and limited business analysis for information technology project(s) while following standard IT Product Lifecycle management.
• Major activities include gathering requirements, providing solution demonstrations, and assisting with the implementation of business-driven projects, as necessary.
• Other activities include: working with other project resources and business colleagues (internal and external), field operations and/or vendor partners to develop or shape business requirements, provide data updates and validation, testing, and assisting with developing a delivery approach that minimizes both technical and business risks.
Work Week / Availability:
• Resource is expected to work within Company's normal business hours.
• Any variation of hours worked must be notified and agreed upon in advance.
• Maintain relationships with key technology and outsourcing vendors, adhering to Company's standard vendor management guidelines and practices.
• Responsible for use cases, negotiations, contract development, and influencing software vendor product roadmaps.
Responsible for identifying resource needs for project and taking action to coordinate and implement those needs.
Contractor's resources will be expected to collaborate with Company's IT organization, Internal business and Team Leads form different initiatives, Gas Engineering, vendors, and business stakeholders to live out Company's three values: Do the Right Thing, Champion People, and Shape the Future.
• Comprehensive medical benefits
• Competitive pay, 401(k)
• Retirement plan
• …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading technology solutions company, we connect top IT talent with clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. There are four elements that set us apart and serve as pillars of our company philosophy: Quality, Expertise, People, and Relationships. By always striving for excellence in these areas and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly together with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.