Cloud Security Engineer
Full Remote - IT - Cloud - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00283
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: 100% Remote (Candidates must be in Texas)
Duration: Permanent, Direct-Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizens, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US.
- Candidate MUST be local to Texas
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in cloud security on either Azure or AWS
Qualified candidate should send their resume (Word format) to Nate Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cloud Security Engineer will collaborate with multiple engineering and security teams to ensure the highest security standards are developed, applied, and maintained for all services deployed in the cloud. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Security Engineer will review and collaborate on secure designs, contribute to changes for infrastructure-as-Code by implementing security controls as necessary, develop and cultivate threat models and countermeasures or compensating controls, and help with designing and building new tools to improve the bank's security posture.
- Assist in the development of security services, architecture, supporting elements, best practices, and governance for cloud tenants
- Assist in the evaluation of systems and architectures for security impacts
- Ensure implementation of security and compliance requirements are met and maintained
- Implement continuous security monitoring of cloud resources
- Implement security controls for cloud native application architectures such as containers and functions
- Advanced understanding of various network systems and related security applications, security controls, threat management, and risk management
- Solid understanding of information security practices, systems, and standards
- Solid understanding and knowledge of cyber security frameworks
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage timelines and prioritize workload in a face-paced environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with broad knowledge of Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms, operating systems, networking, server administration and cloud infrastructure
- Advanced understanding of assessing, utilizing, supporting and/or maintaining of cloud security architectures and technologies including but not limited to IPS/IDS, firewalls, SIEM, VPN, anti-virus, web, PKI, and related operating systems & supporting software
- Intermediate understanding of common protocols utilized in modern application architectures
- Familiarity of configuration management solutions including but not limited to Hashicorp Terraform or Red Hat Ansible
- 3+ years of related cybersecurity or cloud infrastructure experience required.
- Desire to continuously learn new technologies and third-party services
Formal Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline preferred
- One or more of the following IT certifications is preferred:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500)
- GIAC Public Cloud Security (GPCS)
- AWS Certified Security
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.