Sr. Engineer, Network Security Operations
Fort Worth, TX
Onsite - IT - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 24-00524
Title: Sr. Engineer, Network Security Operations
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Duration: 1 year contract with extension (ongoing)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Skillset / Experience:
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
You'll be working on technologies like Next Generation Firewalls, Cloud managed networks, and Public Cloud.
What you'll do
• Be part of the Network Operations Center, providing troubleshooting support for complex hosting and enterprise network environments, participating in rotational on-call support
• In addition, this position will help to design, implement, and troubleshoot network security systems, application systems, and resolve routing/switching or other networking issues as they arise.
• Addressing incoming firewall, ACL, and VPN requests and provide customer troubleshooting and support as required.
• Perform periodic updates, patches, and firmware upgrades for Palo Alto and Cisco devices to ensure optimal performance and security
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into effective security policies and rules within the network security environments
• Ability to bring new ideas and architect new solutions for hardware, software and technology innovations to help improve overall efficiency Turning up VPN and configuration changes
• Produce and update technical documentation and diagrams supporting Engineering and Operations teams as part of project deliverables
• This position will balance time working with Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Network Operations, Project Leads and vendors.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Fortinet and Cisco technologies, industry trends, and emerging security threats to enhance our network security posture continually
• Based in Dallas/Fort Worth area, onsite 3 days a week, occasional business travel
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
• 5-10 years of experience as a network infrastructure/Security engineer in a network operations role.
• Experience troubleshooting Palo Alto/Cisco Firewalls and VPN.
• Able to communicate with non-technical customers to identify and troubleshoot issues.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
• 10+ years of experience as a network infrastructure/security engineer or administrator.
• Palo Alto/Cisco Firewall.
• Experience working in a large enterprise network environment in a network operations role.
• In-depth knowledge of ospf/bgp routing protocols.
All you'll need for success
• Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP and WAN/LAN networking using Cisco IOS and Meraki based switching, routing and wireless technologies or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ability to design and troubleshoot both small and large installations
• Strong Experience working with platforms like Cisco IOS and/or Aruba OS
• General knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms like Azure, AWS and GCP
• Experience of working with Palo-Alto and Cisco ASA firewalls to isolate issues
• Extensive knowledge of firewall and network security rulebase and IDS design using products such as Paloalto, Cisco ASA, or equivalent
• Ability to identify underlying causes of business issues and recommend appropriate corrective action or problem resolution
• Extensive knowledge designing and maintaining a cloud virtual network within a major cloud provider such as AWS or Azure, including maintaining connectivity and migrating existing physical workloads
• Extensive knowledge automating network implementations and maintaining systems via Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Shell scripts
• Experience designing and maintaining both Site-to-Site and user based VPN technologies utilizing IPSec or SSL
• Experience and understanding of load balancer technologies such as F5 or other software based such as Nginx
• Experience managing public internet connections and perimeter for redundancy and security
• Experience with working in a virtualized compute environment such as VMware ESXi and NSX-T
• Knowledge of designing authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) environments such as Cisco ISE
• Experience with Software defined networking designs and implementations utilizing VXLAN, and a thorough understanding of traffic tunneling technologies
• Understanding of Web Proxy and PAC file configuration
• Experience of working with network monitoring tools (SNMP, NetFlow, Telemetry)
• Understanding of Load-balancing concepts including on-prem and cloud LBs
• Experience of TCP/IP Packet analysis to help identify issues (tcp-dump/Wireshark)
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
• Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
• Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
• Understands enterprise level change management processes to make network changes
Preferred Licenses & Certifications
• PCNSE, Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer
• CCNP- Security, Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
• Cloud Certificates like Associates or expert
Our benefits package includes: (EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.