Engineering Quality Manager
Onsite - NON IT - Engineering - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00610
Title: Engineering Quality Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Work Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, or Authorized to Work in the United States
Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word format) to Danielle Raisi at DRaisi@INSPYRsolutions.com
The Manager, Engineering Quality is responsible to define the current problems associated with Engineering Quality as it relates to the Company's overall margin erosion, and work with each of the One Engineering Quality sub systems representatives to investigate root causes within their respective areas. This role is a transformational position, with responsibilities to support implementation of new processes, new tools and support improvement activities associated with information flow, risk management, value stream mapping and LPPD behaviors and thinking. In addition to that, it is expected to manage one or more transformational projects with full time resources assign to them.
- Lead an independent team responsible to investigate current state within Engineering with respect to performance metrics, error causes, problem management, flow of information and process variations
- Using LPPD and digital transformational thinking, define a simplified future state Operating System for Engineering Management, and optimum operating processes and tools for engineering staff (GD3, Readiness Levels etc.)
- Establish a transformation program, with timeline, tangible milestones and measurable success factors aligned with above future state
- Work with each sub-system to define and publish specific glide paths
- Lead the implementation of a new Requirements Management System establishing a means to verify Customer requirements through the engineering design and manufacturing transformation of the products.
- Sponsor the ongoing improvement of the Knowledge Management sites, and ensure consistent support from each engineering team
- Establish and maintain visual management plans for progress reporting, milestone management, issue escalation, change requests, etc.
You are meant for this job if:
- 5 years in an Engineering, Supply Chain or Manufacturing environment
- A passion for the principles and practices of Lean, and other improvement methods
- Demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others
- Confidence to work globally, to escalate and to communicate directly with Senior leadership
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Able to analyze, introduce, and drive all forms of improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, innovative problem-solving skills, and strong facilitation skills
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Process Improvement
- Lean Principles
- Motivating and Energizing
- Global Approach Mindset
- Establishes and maintains relationships at multiple levels within the Company and the Engineering function, to lead teams through influence and inspiration, and also direct leadership
- Ability to coach, develop and promote team-work across the Engineering sub-systems to build a like-minded community of transformational specialists
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.