Onsite - IT - Development / Other Technologies - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00625
Title: Python Developer
Location: Houston, TX 77098 (ONSITE)
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
The Python Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Writing modular, reusable components to liaise between external sources of data, internal tools and databases
- Maintaining the cleanliness and centrality of the Python codebase
- Porting of legacy code into Python where appropriate
- Able to translate business requirements into a technical delivery following existing patters where possible
- Other duties as assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time
- Attendance is an essential function to this role
- 3+ years of enterprise-level coding experience in Python
- Experience with Python Libraries: Pandas, Numpy, PyTest, etc.
- Experience scraping websites with Beautiful Soup, Selenium, etc.
- Oracle PL/SQL or T-SQL development experience including stored procedures
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, SOA architectures
- Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficient understanding of peer-reviewing, code versioning, and bug/issue tracking tools
- Development experience implementing solutions utilizing cloud technologies, like AWS, is preferred
- Commodities / Energy Industry experience desired
- Familiarity with containerization solutions like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
Successful candidates will:
- Be curious, creative and up for a challenge
- Be organized and deadline sensitive
- Have a genuine desire to build relationships across a global business
- Be comfortable undertaking new concepts and ideas associated with a fast-paced, dynamic business
- Have strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Continually assess, challenge and improve processes
- Have a strong sense of accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- Be an open communicator who is eager to share and receive information
- Earn the trust of others by continuously demonstrating the ability to follow-through
- Use tools such as Alteryx to automate and create efficient processes for the indirect tax function
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.