Head of Sales
Onsite - NON IT - HR / Sales / Recruiter - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00628
Location: Houston, TX or Purchase, NY
Work Requirements: US Citizens, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US.
- Candidates must have experience with overseeing the sales of Solar for an IPP
Qualified candidate should send their resume (Word format) to Nate Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Head of Sales is responsible for partnering with the senior leadership team to support the development and implementation of strategic plans. This position will work to manage channel partnerships and directly with strategic accounts. The candidate MUST have experience with C&I customers throughout the US and the ability to create new relationships with customers with behind the meter PPAs. While leading a team, the Head of Sales will also contribute directly to developing new commercial solar pipeline, managing the current team, evaluating project modeling in an effort to hit target IRR goals, and negotiating contracts. This role requires an individual with personal confidence, business savvy, experience in the space, and superior negotiating skills.
- Strategic Leadership: Provide strategic vision and leadership to the commercial team, aligning business goals with our mission to expand renewable energy solutions.
- Market Analysis: Conduct in-depth market analysis to identify growth opportunities, emerging trends, and competitive insights.
- Business Development: Lead efforts to secure Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), develop community solar projects, and explore new opportunities in renewable energy, including ground-mount installations, battery storage systems, and rooftop solar mounts.
- Revenue Generation: Drive revenue growth through effective pricing strategies, negotiation, and contract management.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including partners, investors, and customers.
- Team Leadership: Lead and inspire a high-performing commercial team, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Reporting and Analytics: Implement robust reporting and analytics systems to track key performance indicators and inform decision-making.
The Head of Sales will be responsible for revenue line and management for all solutions. This executive will build strong, continuous relationships and be able to drive the discussion of current issues with customers.
- 15+ years of relevant leadership experience in business development, marketing or sales and at least seven years of Solar industry experience
- Prior business development experience in US solar industry is required
- Demonstrated track record of originating, negotiating and executing bankable solar Purchase Power Agreements and Leases
- Extensive power sector experience, including strong origination, development, and construction understanding in power generation projects.
- Proven experience of developing trust-based relations with key customers, equity partners, lenders, vendors and other relevant stakeholders. Ability to understand the local market and liaise effectively.
- Proven experience leading commercial contractual negotiations, including offtake agreements (Power Purchase Agreements and Leases)
- Prior experience in establishing processes and systems to achieve stable throughput of projects in a nimble, fast-paced organization.
- Conceptual understanding of project financing and tax equity; and project modelling
- Experience of leading diverse execution teams across multiple locations
- Successful experience with private-equity backed businesses.
- Strong understanding of energy regulatory policies
- Working with financial sponsors and handling investors
- M&A experience (MIPA negotiations).
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering, M.B.A. a plus.
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.