Senior Analytics Developer (Power BI)
Onsite - IT - Business Intelligence / Reporting - Contract - Job ID: 24-00637
Title: Senior Analytics Developer (Power BI)
Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid)
Duration: 6+ month contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Collaborate with local business users to understand business processes, gather technical requirements, evaluate proof of concepts, design, develop and support analytical solutions using Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, SQL, Python, R, JS, HTML etc.
- Partner with architecture teams to ensure end-user reporting needs are met by the existing data warehouse platform.
- Research, recommend, develop, train functional groups on reporting, data discovery, data science solutions.
- End to end implementation experience in building analytical solutions using data visualization tools like Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, Python, R etc.
- Proficient in T-SQL and ability to design efficient queries with a focus on high performing solutions.
- Above mentioned skills including Oil and Gas experience, Snowflake is a strong plus.
- Ideal candidate will have strong Power BI development experience with advanced DAX and SQL skills (at least 5 years of Power BI & SQL).
- Responsible for developing and implementing the data models for assigned reports, dashboards and business intelligence applications including, but not limited to gathering necessary data requirements, understanding presentation layer needs and developing the semantic layer, analytic views, virtualization layers, logical data models, working with the application DBA's to implement better physical data models and working with developers on solving challenging and difficult data and data performance issues.
- Demonstrates creative thinking to resolve problems.
- Provides hands-on technical knowledge & leadership working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams as well as manages relationships within context of the individual role.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Senior level, minimum of 8+ years of experience.
- 5 years of Power BI and have experience writing complex DAX and SQL queries.
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.