Income Tax Manager
- NON IT - Finance & Accounting - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00641
Title: Income Tax Manager
Location: Morristown, NJ - onsite
Duration: Direct Hire
Salary: $140K plus bonus
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Company’s tax team is based in NJ, USA with an excellent reputation across the organization. The tax team works closely with the controllership team, as well as other core functions. As part of a small & friendly tax team, you will have the ability to 'make a difference' and support the business to enable execution of Company’s strategic growth plans.
This is an integral role, with the key focus on US income tax matters, including federal and state tax compliance and tax reporting.
- Review all federal pro-forma tax returns in Corptax and all applicable supporting workpapers
- Timely review of all federal forms/attachments for filing of the Company’s federal consolidation
- E-file the Company’s federal consolidated tax return
- Review of state/locality returns prepared by Company’s/3rd party resources
- Review quarterly federal & state estimates and extensions
- Manage and mentor an income tax associate
- Assist with any information document requests as relates to any federal and state income tax audits
- Investigate and resolve income tax notices
- Coordinate tax payments on behalf of the Company’s tax department
- Assist with quarterly and annual US GAAP income tax provision
- Review the Company's Income Tax account reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Review federal book-tax difference calculations assigned
- Review Tie out deferred tax asset/liability work papers and balances
- Review of state tax reporting workpapers
- Assist with documentation of applicable SOX internal tax controls
- Assist with other ad-hoc matters, including cash tax management, business support, corporate project support
- Drive efficiency and simplicity into the Company’s tax function, including through standardization & simplifications of processes and utilization of technology.
- Liaise with external tax advisors on relevant matters
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, demonstrate sound judgment and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with people at all levels inside and outside Avaya.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized, analytical and a team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, make recommendations and implement solutions
- US federal and state income tax practical and technical tax expertise (5-10+ years of experience preferred)
- Experience with automation of income tax processes (a plus)
- College degree in Finance/Accounting related discipline (preferred); Additional years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- MS in Taxation and/or a CPA (a plus)
- Experience with SAP/HFM/Corptax/Alteryx (a plus)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients' business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.