Mechanical Engineering Manager
Onsite - NON IT - Engineering - Direct Placement - Job ID: 24-00686
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $120,000 – $130,000 + Benefits
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Join a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. Our client is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. Their customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manages engineers to maintain and continuously improve machinery product line for the purposes of supporting the sale of paperboard and cartons and facilitating growth of the paperboard carton market globally.
- Manage Machinery Product Line and Engineering Group.
- Manage direct reports and matrix organization for development projects and ongoing in-field activities.
- Help develop engineers through mentorship, engagement and training.
- Manage engineering design activities and machinery manufacturing projects to meet customer specifications, schedule, and budget.
Managing through Systems:
- Provide sales support for standard and custom packaging systems and engineering services.
- Maintain and improve existing product line to stay ahead of the competition and create new packaging sales placement opportunities.
- Analyze problems and efficiency improvement opportunities in carton converting operations, propose efficiency improvement projects, and execute approved efficiency improvement projects.
- Set design and manufacturing standards for production of machinery systems at multiple manufacturing locations.
- Develop estimates and schedules for proposal generation and presentation to customers.
- Prepare and present proposals to customers.
- Top-level conceptual design of large packaging machinery systems using SolidWorks 3D CAD system with SmarTeam integrated PDM system.
- Manage and continuously improve system performance, safety, and ergonomics.
- Monitor and research market landscape to define packaging machine and carton system requirements.
- Direct responsibility for machine and carton system development and implementation.
- Collaborate with customers, sales and marketing to convert customer requirements into practical packaging solutions and system performance requirements.
- Concept-to-reality management of packaging machinery development projects. Create system performance specifications and machinery features, balancing customer/market needs against development and repeat-build cost.
- Compose development proposals and project plans, schedules, and budget proposals and present to senior management. Implement and manage approved project plans.
- In-field project and service management, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.