GIS Solutions Architect – Consultant
Full Remote - IT - Niche - Contract - Job ID: 24-00777
Location: 100% remote (company is based in Portland, OR)
Hire Type: Contract (12+ Months – eligible for extensions and full-time hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Per the job posting, this resource will:
• The solution architect will be accountable for understanding the business goals and capabilities of geospatial strategy then driving business transformation and technical aspects of the geospatial solutions including understanding the business use cases, championing the stakeholders' objectives, ensuring proper adherence to IT governance and SDLC (software development lifecycle) policy during planning, development, integration, testing, and implementation activities.
• Minimum three years of experience in developing and implementing enterprise grade, vendor based geospatial solutions for utilities, including relevant tactical aspects of application and infrastructure architectures, like network management, application development, middleware integrations, database management, security, or cloud hosting.
• Geospatial platforms, products, and solutions [Esri ArcGIS Enterprise, IQGeo, etc.] technical decision support and representation to the stakeholders.
• Understanding and evaluation of emerging technologies in the geospatial domain for their applicability to NW Natural geospatial strategy, platforms, and solutions architectures that might result in upgrades, innovations, or shifts from legacy.
• Partner with internal and external geospatial SMEs (subject matter experts) on delivery of planned capabilities.
• For project work, the geospatial architect is expected to deliver the following:
• Provide technical solution oversight to related projects, ensuring the design and deliverables are aligned with overall project objectives, NWN long term objectives and industry best practices.
• Lead and contribute to NWN technical requirement, solution design and decision-making discussions, driving towards end-to-end solution designs. This will include facilitating technical discussions, soliciting buy in from impacted stakeholders on the technical solution, review and approvals of project technical documentation, guidance on best practice approaches to delivery of technical solutions.
• Document project's key design decisions and ensure that appropriate approvals are obtained, and documentation is retained.
• Ensure that proper processes are being followed for the project and documented appropriately such as solution design, functional and technical documentation.
• Act as a liaison and coordinator to ensure that project technical artifacts are presented at required approval boards such as: Architectural & Technical Review Board Approvals; TISA; CMRB/CAB reviews, decision log, risk register, etc.
Our benefits package includes:
• Comprehensive medical benefits
• Competitive pay, 401(k)
• Retirement plan
• …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions
As a leading technology solutions company, we connect top IT talent with clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. There are four elements that set us apart and serve as pillars of our company philosophy: Quality, Expertise, People, and Relationships. By always striving for excellence in these areas and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly together with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.