Hardware Systems Design Engineer
- COM - Direct Hire - Job ID: 96048
Title: Hardware Systems Design Engineer
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Read and understand specifications of software, electronic components, mechanical components and computing hardware.
- Solve problems in all areas including the company’s hardware, 3rd party hardware, firmware, software, production, customer infrastructure, operating systems, product requirements, sales, product demonstrations, product installation, product support and regulatory compliance.
- Select components such as CPUs, GPUs, RAM, SSD, NVMe, HDD, SAS, Infiniband based on performance, price, availability, compatibility and suitability.
- Specify mechanical design features that affect electrical properties, in particular electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and safety.
- Work with a mechanical engineer to develop custom products when needed.
- Perform project management duties or changed duties to accommodate customers or to meet schedules as needed or directed.
- Apply Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering principles to hardware design.
- Select appropriate components based on factors such as price, availability, and suitability.
- Create product documentation including schematics, PCB artwork, assembly drawings, bills of material and manufacturing procedures.
- Design and install equipment such as test harnesses, test jigs and test fixtures.
- Transfer products in to manufacturing. Create ECOs, production procedures, test procedures, and specifications. Knowledge of DFM and DFT.
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on field failures.
Skillset / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, cognitive science or mathematics.
- 5 to 7 year’s Proven experience with Product Quality, User Experience and Customer Service.
- CAD Software experience.
- Experience with schematic capture and electronic circuit design.
- EMC and safety compliance.
- Knowledge of software development process, requirements, review, verification and validation
- Ability to tailor communication for engineers or non-technical staff.
- Understands TCP/IP network concepts: IP address, netmask, sliding window, UDP, MAC Address, arp, framing
- Preferred- Linux in a command line environment using the following utilities: bash, sed, awk, grep, find, vi, diff, strings.
- Preferred- Install, configure and maintain at least one major Linux distribution.
Our benefits package includes:
- CA Resident Employees receive 100% covered Medical and Dental premiums for you & your dependents
- Generous 401(k) plan and contribution
- Events and weekly lunches
- Engaging wellness activities
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.