- COM - Direct Hire - Job ID: 95969
Title: Industrial Engineer (5 Positions)
Location: Wichita, KS
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $67,000 – $100,000
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
What you will do:
The Industrial Engineering team within Wichita, Kansas is growing! The team is looking to hire 5 Industrial Engineers at all levels!
Our client is looking for detail-oriented industrial engineers to monitor our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. The industrial engineer’s responsibilities include analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality standards.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for facilitating lean activities within the plant or a portion of the plant. Through implementation of specific action plans, training and advocacy, the incumbent will help to influence the organization to a new culture. They will demonstrate success through increased plant operational metrics performance. In addition, the Industrial Engineer will be responsible for using the processes, measurements, standards, and efforts available with the primary focus areas of lean and continuous improvement.
How you will do it:
- To be successful as an industrial engineer you should be able to design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are cost-efficient, and ensure high product quality.
- Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements.
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
- Identifies waste and opportunities for the business to improve in (among others by using Lean principles and methodologies), as well as reporting and celebrating past successes in these areas from a business perspective.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or engineering degree
- 1 + years of industrial engineering experience (internships, co-ops, or industry experience)
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards
- Proficiency in MS Office and Autocad
- Time studies, calculating Capacity, Labor models
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.