Infrastructure Operations Technician, Senior – 44036
- COM - Contract - Job ID: 95587
Title: Senior Infrastructure Operations Technician
Location: Orlando, FL- Onsite
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Installing and/or overseeing installation of low voltage, fiber optic, outside plant, and data center structured cabling
- Installing and/or overseeing installation of MDF/IDF/SIDF components such as cabinets, racks, UPS, PDU, networking gear, server/storage gear, and other components
- Installing and/or overseeing installation of conduit and cable tray systems between station side jack and MDF/IDF/SIDF
- Installing and/or overseeing installation of patch cables between networking, compute, and storage systems throughout critical environments
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other members of the group (in-house technicians and/or vendors)
- Reporting back project status, issues, accomplishments, and resource matters to the UPT Infrastructure leadership
- Installation of hardware such as switches, servers, and other rack mounted equipment
- Installation of wireless access points (WAP) and antennas
- Provide complex problem analysis, determination and resolution using industry standard utilities / tools as well as creative thinking
Skillset / Experience:
- Working in Data Center, MDF/IDF/SIDF, or other critical environments.
- Installing low voltage, fiber optic, outside plant, data center structured cabling
- Installing MDF/IDF/SIDF components such as cabinets, racks, UPS, PDU, networking gear, server/storage gear, and other components
- Thorough understanding and applied mastery of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Thorough understanding and applied mastery of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Thorough understanding and applied mastery of structured cabling according to BICSI and/or Commscope certification standards
- Polished experience in installing low voltage cabling and terminating on modplug and modjack connectors
- Polished experience in installing fiber optic cabling, terminating with quick connect, anaerobic, and splicing with fusion splicer
- Polished experience installing conduit, hangars, or other methods of low voltage cable routing and installation
- Proven track record of managing teams of 10 or more and vendors
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.