- COM - Direct Hire - Job ID: 94924
Title: Plant Manager – Food Manufacturing
Location: Oak Creek, WI (must be able to work onsite 5 days/week)
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $185,000 – $220,000 Base Salary + 20% Bonus (pro-rated) + Benefits (Relocation Assistance provided)
We are seeking an experienced food manufacturing Plant Manager to oversee all aspects for 3 plants. This is an on-site, hands-on Managerial role in our Oak Creek Location. Career path is promotion to Director of Operations in 6-12 months and will be also grooming their successor during that period. The requirements for successful application are: solid job tenure, have managed multiple plant locations, Bachelor’s degree, and food manufacturing experience (bakery preferred, but not required).
The successful candidate will be an experienced Supply Chain / Manufacturing Leader with a track record of accomplishment in a fast-paced manufacturing and distribution environment. Skills required include managing and developing people, delivering results across key performance metrics including safety, quality, and cost, supporting the launch of new products, managing change, and driving continuous improvement using TPM methodology. The Oak Creek bakery has two production facilities in Oak Creek with a full-time staffing of approximately 300 employees. This role is leads and owns all functions at the Oak Creek facilities, including Production, Maintenance, Quality, Sanitation, Continuous Improvement and HR. The Plant Manager is responsible for recruiting and leading the workforce to an empowered state, and for utilizing tools and leveraging resources available to achieve world class results. Depending on the candidate, this role can quickly evolve into a director position with the accountability for all 3 North American manufacturing sites.
Essential Job Functions:
• Developing strategies and establishing priorities for self and direct reports.
• Drive, model, champion and support desired plant culture, vision, team-based structure, and skill-based pay for performance system.
• Monitoring direct reports’ performance and the performance of their teams, leveraging recognition programs, and supporting the positive progressive discipline process for associates.
• Developing direct reports and self.
• Must be a seasoned leader with a track record of success in a manufacturing environment including driving and nurturing an empowered, high-performance culture, developing people (exempt and non-exempt), driving world class safety performance and programs, managing change, continuous improvement, and reducing operating costs.
• Demonstrated excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, written communication, and verbal/nonverbal communication skills.
• Exceptional Leadership ability with demonstrated success in interpersonal skills and relationship building.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, fostering an environment of trust, open communication, and ownership.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft products and mainframe business applications.
• Willing/able to be flexible and work off-shift work and travel as needed.
• Must have demonstrated ability to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities.
• Excel in leading managers, teams and individuals through analytical problem solving, prioritizing issues and opportunities.
• Demonstrated skills in motivating and developing managers, teams, and individuals through utilization of effective individual development plans, training, empowerment in challenging opportunities, trust, and rewards and recognition.
• Proven track record in translating corporate strategic initiatives into operational requirements and in providing leadership to implement sustainable processes that deliver superior results.
• Approaches safety as a core value.
• Experience in operational budget development and management. Financial acumen.
• 10 Years of manufacturing leadership experience in all operational functions of manufacturing (preferably in the Food Manufacturing industry).
• Demonstrated success in leading multi-site operations.
• Demonstrated experience delivering results as a Site Manager with total site responsibilities.
• Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, communication and teambuilding skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand manufacturing, business processes and systems
• Strong leadership in a TPM/Continuous Improvement environment.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively lead and influence and do work across organizational boundaries including corporate resources, contractors, and Plant associates.
• Ability to plan and execute multiple projects/activities
• Safety leadership experience – particularly in the process industry is preferred.
• Flexibility for international travel up to 20% outside of the 2 plants.
• Familiarity with SQF and QAD a plus.
• Education Level/Degree: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering or Technology oriented).
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.