Hot Job: Field Technician
Are you a driven and ambitious information technology professional seeking an opportunity to grow and advance within your industry? You may want to consider a Field Technician position through INSPYR Solutions!
As a field technician, you will perform maintenance services on intelligent transportation systems and traffic systems. This position may include various aspects of field support and installation, not limited to electrical, data and fiber optic cable installation. This is a hands-on role in which you must be able to perform preventative maintenance to maximize efficiency.
Keep reading below to learn more about this position’s full scope of responsibilities:
- Install equipment, including, but not limited to cameras, detectors, controller cabinets
- Install electrical conductor, data conductor, fiber optic cable, pull boxes, conduit, poles and foundations.
- Connect electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment (5v, 12v, 24v,48v [DC])
- Test devices to ensure they work correctly
- Diagnose and repair hardware
- Restore equipment to operational status as quickly as possible
- Module or PC Board swap out
- Isolation of faults in units or components
- Field test of units or components
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related experience
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and be able to pass a background check and drug test
- DC Electricity experience
- Dynamic Message Sign (DMS) troubleshooting
- Experience in troubleshooting / repairing CCTVs and Microwave Vehicle Detection System (MVDS)
- Component-level board repair experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One-year certificate from college or technical school preferred
Ready to apply?
Visit INSPYR Solutions’ job search portal for the latest field technician job openings across the country.