Identity and Access Management (IAM) Lead Engineer – (CyberArk, Azure, Sailpoint and PAM)
Deerfield Beach, FL
Full Remote - IT - Development / Other Technologies - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72446
Job Title: Identity and Access Management (IAM) Lead Engineer (CyberArk, Azure, Sailpoint and PAM)
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Lead Engineer will report directly to the Identity and Access Manager and support the CISO to provide the highest quality service to business units and customers. The IAM Lead Engineer performs daily functions required to maintain the rules and controls for Information Security to protect information assets, works with critical and sensitive information, and is relied upon to maintain security and least privileged safeguards. The IAM Lead Engineer is accountable for providing day-to-day engineering and architectural strategy, and tactical direction of IAM services, as well as support IAM-related project-based activities. The role is required to provide expert-level guidance and application of both real-world experiences, along with following education-based best practices. The IAM Lead Engineer will seek to drive value and enhancement in the products and services that are provided on behalf of the group to our businesses and work closely with the engineers to prioritize alignment of enhancements and lifecycle tasks. Ultimately, the IAM Lead Engineer is a Product or Services Owner and is accountable for the quality of the product that is delivered. The ideal candidate has a strong drive and passion for Information Security, specifically the IAM space. They understand the value it brings to the business and have a strong motivation to work toward continuous improvement. The candidate filling this role is expected to take the lead in gaining a technical comprehension of technologies and, in particular, gain working technical knowledge in enabling capabilities through enhanced product and service offerings. This role will define technology use standards and seek to govern those use standards with architects through knowledge sharing and mentoring. Candidate should be highly organized and analytic, capable of solving business problems through the appropriate use of technology.
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, high-performing Identity and Access Management (IAM) products and solutions that meet governance, policies, standards, procedures, and processes.
- Drive the technical tactical tasks related to the vision and design, ensuring security architecture is compliant with the least privileged model.
- Lead and develop solution designs, roadmaps, and system transition plans to align projects, business, application, data, and integration, and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Partner with product, development, project, engineering, and architects to resolve and mitigate risks while addressing business requirements.
- Ensure compliance to security architecture standards and processes.
- Work with project teams and business users to create and guide detailed design plans and documentation.
- Define enterprise IAM security standards and policies to comply with governance control framework to ensure compliance and adherence.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for IAM frameworks to support current and future IAM strategy.
- Design and aid in the creation of IAM standards for new projects.
- Work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional areas.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed, but also provide guidance and mentorship to the engineering and support teams within IAM.
- Review, update, and recommend changes to IAM policies, standards, and procedures to mature the IAM program.
- Lead efforts to define authentication and authorization strategy, working cross-functionally with Architects, Engineers, Product Owners, and other Security Specialists.
- Work within both on-premises and cloud-based identity and provisioning systems.
- Maintain and further enhance IDM frameworks, models, and tools for delivering IAM services.
- Design, develop, and implement custom identity integration solutions.
- Participate in disaster recovery, contingency planning, and testing for identity systems.
- Identify business requirements in business systems implementation projects about identity.
- Identify and manage IAM architectural issues of various platforms, applications, and systems, to plan and work on a problem resolution according to standardized processes.
Serve as a technical subject matter expert and a key influence maker for IAM as it relates to cloud security, network security, and other platforms related to security efforts.
- Identifies deficiencies in technology solutions and works with appropriate technical teams to resolve them.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Forward-thinking technology engineer with deep expertise in technology strategy and tactics
- Able to elicit technical requirements with limited information or guidance to architect solutions that meet both business and enterprise needs
- Can break large technical solutions into manageable activities and assist with prioritization
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical resources, particularly the skill of expressing complex issues with clarity & simplicity
- Takes personal ownership of the outcomes of their services and products
- Speaks up in group situations with clear, supportive, and honest communication to bring solutions to problems
- Effective in the use of listening skills and earning the trust of others up, down, and across the organization
- Flexible and responsive; able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and meet aggressive deadlines
- Open to idea exploration with strong problem-solving/analytical abilities.
- Embodies a learning spirit through continuous self-learning and sharing of knowledge with others
- Leads, motivates and inspires teams
- Demonstrates leadership and inspiration to internal and external teams
- Teaches by example in daily actions and provides personal feedback and coaching to others
- Possess leadership-level communication and presentation skills
- Understand how to leverage the organizational structure and use interpersonal relationships can influence others to drive decisions quickly
- Strong comprehension of project management methods including SAFE, Agile, and Scrum frameworks
- Willingness to learn new technologies and continue training to strengthen skills in supporting existing and emerging technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and/or 10 years of related experience in an IT discipline
- Ability to work in a matrixed and collaborative environment
- 5+ years experience in Identity and Access Management
- 8+ years' experience in IT Security
- Expert knowledge of authentication and authorization standards (i.e., SAML, OAUTH, NTLM, LDAP, etc.)
- Strong knowledge across the technology stack, such as web protocols, multiple operating systems, and distributed systems architecture.
- Strong understanding of enforcement of access management principles
- Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions
- Experience with Multi-factor authentication, SSO, Azure, Privileged Account Management technologies, such as CyberArk, and Secrets Management
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
- ITIL Foundation certification
- CISSP & CAP highly preferred
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.